Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Great Pumpkin

Tuesday night was quite an exciting night as Colby and his mom carved a jack-o-lantern together for the very first time. Colby was all excited about carving the pumpkin until he realized that he would have to stick his hand inside to clean the guts out. Once he looked inside the pumpkin he promptly replied, "Yuck Mommy, I'm not sticking my hands in there!" Once mom had the insides cleaned out, Colby took to the pumpkin with a Sharpie to create his masterpiece. The pumpkin was carved exactly as Colby had drawn it and once the candle was added and it was placed on the front porch..... Colby took a step back and exclaimed, "Mom, that's an awesome jack-o-lantern!" And that, indeed, it was!

"You Want Me to What?"

The Master at Work

The Design is Complete!

The Finished Product

"Mom, I Can Carry it Myself!!"

Illumination!

"I'm Truly Overwhelmed!"

Wow, What an Awesome Jack-o-Lantern!!

1 comment:

Stacia said...

Colby~ I love your Jack O Lantern!